Keepin’ those easy, blood sugar balancing Sheet Pan dinners coming at ya!
In the second meal of my week of Sheet Pan dinners, I’ve got crispy chicken with delicious roasted vegetables. This combination is typically a family crowd pleaser – chicken is palatable, carrots are sweet and brussels sprouts (when mixed with pancetta) presents a yummy take on a less desired veggie!
Brussels sprouts (or baby lettuces as we call them) are a nutrient powerhouse – high in vitamin K and vitamin C as well as fiber! When roasted and paired with crispy pancetta, the sulfur-forward taste is really mellowed out and they become much more palatable – and slightly addicting!
I chose the Trader Joe’s Organic Chicken Grill Pack for this sheet pan dinner because it’s a great value for high quality poultry and combines a good mix of white and dark meat – so everyone can find something that they like!
Healthy tip – when you will be eating the fat or skin of meat, quality matters! Toxins like antibiotics and pesticides are stored in the fatty cuts and in the skin. Especially in this dish, when the skin gets crispy and delicious, you want a high quality protein – pastured raised would be best, but organic works too!
Plus, the skin contains heart-healthy unsaturated fat that makes the chicken more juicy and flavorful! No need to worry about eating some of the skin anymore! (This does not apply to deep-fried, breaded chicken though!)
This entire meal can be prepped in advance – so assemble it the night before or in the morning and you will have a dinner on the table in 35 minutes!
Crispy Chicken with Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Carrots and Pancetta Sheet Pan
Crispy Chicken Bright Carrots and Brussels Sprouts Combine with Pancetta for a Delicious, Uncomplicated Meal
- 1 – Organic Chicken Grill Pack (bone-in, skin on breasts and drumsticks)
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 package (4 oz) diced pancetta
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- Plan Ahead: Complete steps 3 through 5 and cover and refrigerate until ready to cook!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pancetta, carrots and brussels sprouts on a large rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil and toss.
- Pat chicken dry and arrange, skin side up, on baking sheet with vegetables.
- Sprinkle everything with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle paprika on chicken as well.
- Bake in preheated oven until thickest portion of chicken registers 140 degrees – about 25-30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to broil and broil until chicken reaches 165 degrees and vegetables are tender and brown. About 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chicken with a bit more salt and toss vegetables together. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and serve immediately.
This meal is delicious and balanced on its own, but you could totally add a side salad, a side of Tessemae’s Ranch of BBQ Sauce to dip the chicken and veggies into! YUM!